Go Back   OBWON.NET > OBAMA WATCH ONLINE > OBAMA WATCH ONLINE > EDITOR'S DESK

CHICAGO, CHICAGO, Obama's Hometown....
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Chief Editor

Red face CHICAGO, CHICAGO, Obama's Hometown....

Yep, Chicago has one of the toughest gun control laws in the USA. It is a model of what President Obama wants to force the rest of the nation to accept. Soooo how's it working out Prez? (read on)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8601-201_162-...logId=#addcomm

Comments on:
Chicago's deadly day: Shootings kill 7, wound 6

CHICAGO Chicago authorities say seven people were killed and six wounded in gun violence in one day.
Among those killed Saturday was a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings. Police say Ronnie Chambers, who was his mother's youngest child, was shot in the head while sitting in a car.
Police say two separate double-homicide shootings also occurred Saturday about 12 hours apart.
In one, a 16-year-old boy and a 32-year-old man were killed.
In another, two men in their 40s were killed, and another injured, after a shooting outside a 24-hour hamburger stand, reports CBS affiliate WBBM in Chicago.
"We just getting something to eat. That's it, and all we heard was boom, boom, boom. Look up it's my man laying, both of them laying, I seen both of them laying, but I didn't really know it was my man until I looked and I seen him and I just couldn't believe it," witness Lamar Baker told WBBM-TV.
Baker said his friend was celebrating a birthday, and was a father of five young children, according to WBBM-TV. The second victim had just gotten off work.
Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008. Chicago's homicide rate was almost double in the early 1990s, averaging around 900.

2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

216 Comments Add a Comment

ANTHONYMCCLURE says:
And this city is run by the President's former right hand man and is also Mr Obama's home town. To say there is a gun control and crime problem is understated, and the current US administration wants the rest of us to clean up our act. If the situation wasn't so serious, it would be humorous

OBWON2008 says:
90% of violent crimes with guns, knives, objects and fists occur with the minority groups of America. Coincidentally, these same groups voted 99% for Obama and the Democrat ticket. It makes sense that Obama wants to disarm the people who voted against him so that his criminal backers can rob, rape and kill them without resistance. No, we do not need an assault rifle with 30 rd mags to kill a deer, but we DO NEED assault rifles with 30 rd. mags to kill Obama supporters when they attack us with intent to rob, rape and kill. Of course this is not what you wimpy clueless liberal idiots want to hear, but by God it's the 100% truth.

DRKING333 says:
If the people of Chicago want to stop the gun violence, then their gun laws should be changed to allow all law-abiding citizens who have basic training in the responsible handling and use of firearms to get a permit to carry a concealed handgun as well as be able to buy any semi-automatic firearm.
The current repressive gun-control laws in Chicago have only inflamed the use of guns by the criminal element.

DONNIE_G says:
Congratulations Chicago for proving once again that waging war on guns and law abiding gun owners just naturally makes your town at least as safe to live in as it was in the 1920s. Al Capone, Bugs Moran and Frank Nitti may be dead, but their spirits are alive and well, and fashionably dressed in baggy pants and bling. Yes, I know the new thug look doesn't appeal to everybody, but keep in mind that these guys and girls are every bit as vicious, illiterate and well, just as butt ignorant and trifling as those original thugs of the 1920s were. Who needs a war on crime when a war on guns just sounds and feels so much more self righteous?

Yes sir, you've certainly convinced this skeptic that waging a war against law abiding gun owners is a far more effective crime prevention strategy than waging war on criminals who commit violent crimes. Keep up the good work.

-------------------------

If any of you liberals are wondering why we are resisting the Presidents gun control after reading this article and comments........hopeless!