The title sounds like the name of a movie (ex. Twelve Years a Slave). All kidding aside, I would like to ask all of you to think about this stories title and ask yourself “Do I (you) think Barack Obama is and has been a failure or a success as our President?” But, before you answer this question, allow ME to tell you my opinions about why President Obama will go down as one of the WORST Presidents in U.S. History.
THE UNSTOPPABLE BUSINESS CYCLE:
Anybody who has completed a college course in economics understands what a business cycle is. In the bible (Old Testament) it talks about seven Old Testament years of wheat (up cycle) and seven Old Testament years of chaff (down cycle). What our forefathers didn’t know was that future rulers in the 20th century would lengthen the cycles artificially by their actions, which was what happened between 1993 and 2006. In 2007 the financial dike in the USA began to crack and in 2008 it burst, causing tens of millions of citizens to lose their jobs, their incomes and even some of their businesses. Yes, the FED, the big banks, mortgage lenders and Wall Street were at fault, but do not forget the role of misguided liberal socialist politicians as well. Both the right and the left, both Democrats and Republicans had a hand in causing the HYPER DOWN CYCLE to happen in 2007. Specifically speaking, big bank lobbied, Republican sponsored Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act of 1999, was signed into law by Democrat President Bill Clinton who was pushed hard to sign it by Democrat cabinet Treasury heads Robert Rubin, Larry Summers and then Fed chairman Alan Greenspan. All of these players made tens of millions of dollars by getting this horrendous Act signed into law. So why was it bad you ask? Well first of all, after the great 1929 Depression, wise lawmakers in 1933 vowed it would never be allowed to happen again and passed the Glass Steagall Act of 1933 which prevented banks from merging with non-banks (namely insurance companies and wall street) and gambling away depositors money by investing in derivatives and risky investments). The Gramm Leach Bliley Act of 1999 repealed the 1933 Glass Steagall Act and opened the door to every bad thing Glass Steagall prevented. Then in 2005, the banks lobbied again and revised the bankruptcy and credit card laws in their favor (example, eliminating student loans from bankruptcy protection). Republican President George Bush signed that horrific bill into law and the same banks who played a big part in the 2007-2008 economic crash caused our graduating students to remain unemployed. Of course, they all put pressure on the loan strapped students and co-signed parents and relatives to pay while suffering in this recession… that the banks themselves in part caused.
This crash was said to end in 2009, but the so called experts were wrong (bought and paid for by the banks and Wall Street). This down cycle was stabilized but NOTHING has been done to end it or reverse it. If you truly believe in the biblical cycles, then it will take at least 14 years before it truly reverses (2021-2022).
ENTER PRESIDENT OBAMA (November 2008)
Remember all that hope and change? Well regardless of your political viewpoint, we U.S. citizens are all still hoping for the right changes but they have not happened during his eight years in office. Did President Obama STOP the banks from continuing to gamble with derivatives…NO, it is worse now than it was in 2008. Here are some of the things that the did President did wrong starting with his first day in office, and these below are just the tip of the iceberg.
1) Newly elected President Obama selected and appointed the majority of his new cabinet with people from Wall Street, the big banks and people like Eric Holder (attorney general) who was in charge of the law firm exclusively representing MERS(Mortgage Electronic Registration Service), a company owned by the major banks among other things designed to sidestep local and state real estate taxes at closing. Why would our new hope and change President surround himself with the enemy? Either he is stupid or he was in league with them from the start.
2) One of newly elected President Obama’s first tasks was to save the too big to fail banks and corporations with nearly 800 billion dollars in bail out money. Who did Obama select as his fund administrator? None other than Larry Summers, the guy who with Robert Rubin twisted Bill Clinton’s arm to sign the Gramm Leach Bliley Act of 1999. Yes, the same Harvard Professor who claimed that women were inferior mentally to men….the same guy. Why would Obama do that?
3) With more than 10 million American homes in default or in foreclosure, President Obama modestly fined the big banks who caused it but never gave meaningful financial relief to those millions of U.S. citizens who they hurt. Obama did virtually nothing to correct the wrongs the banks heaped upon the public. What about the people who lost their jobs, their businesses and their homes because of the financial hardship caused by the banks and Wall Street. Did President Obama call for a national moratorium on foreclosure in order to sort out the individual wrongs and rights. NO, instead he created HAMP which allowed the lenders to use the power of the U.S. Treasury to turn their victims inside out with long applications, potential penalties and harsh modification requirements.
4) President Obama and his administration has reduced the size and quality of our military and has put our entire nation at risk.
5) President Obama refuses to acknowledge and embrace the Muslim terrorists and the worldwide threat they are building. In fact, our President is more concerned with the well being of the Muslim world than that of the people in the USA.
6) President Obama has sponsored a Nuclear Arms deal with Iran which allows that criminally minded Muslim nation the right to build Nuclear weapons. Weapons which most assuredly will end up in the hands of Muslim terrorist extremists.
7) President Obama signed the OBAMACARE ACT before ever reading the hastily constructed one sided bill. Since then Obamacare has been a total disaster by raising insurance costs dramatically and greatly reducing benefits while increasing deductibles.
8) President Obama has spent in excess of $50 million dollars on personal vacations for he and his family. This is more than all of the other elected Presidents in U.S. History combined.
9) President Obama has targeted innocent legal gun owning citizens wishing to protect themselves and their families while paying little attention to the mental health crisis here in the USA. President Obama upon entering the office of President, swore to uphold and protect the U.S. Constitution which includes the 2nd Amendment, however, he has completely disregarded the oath he agreed to follow.
10) President Obama does not know the difference between immigration vs invasion. Despite high unemployment in the USA, Obama supports welcoming and financially support illegal aliens from poor countries all over the world, including undocumented Syrian Muslim groups which have been proven to harbor Muslim terrorists, rapists (see New Years Day, Cologne Germany 12016) and saboteurs.
11) Obama’s policies have pushed the National Debt to nearly 20 Trillion dollars. He will be long gone but we citizens and our heirs will have to pay it back in the future.
So where do we go from here? Good question, but I do know if you vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and she wins, all we will get the next 4 to 8 years more of this wrong way horrific government.